Flowery Branch (Atlanta area), Georgia, USA
The Textile Engineer will provide engineering support for the design and manufacturing of textile instruments and devices, including surgical masks, drapes, gowns, protective clothing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in product design and development through whole life cycle.
- Develop product concept, perform engineering design, prototyping and documentation.
- Work with the engineering and technical teams on issues of textile quality, process control, and textile non-woven processing.
- Prepare engineering documentation, specifications and drawings.
- Develop engineering plans and QA procedures and prepare technical and user documentation.
- Provide user/system training and provide technical support for training staff, suppliers and customer
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Desire to succeed in research and development
- Proven successful commercial launch of a product line with sustained market growth
- Ability to collaborate effectively within the organization and externally with customers to get the job done
- Personality and style that contribute to the high-energy, focused cultured of the organization
- Ability to seek consensus/approval where needed
- Strong ability to interact with other members of Engineering Teams to represent customer perspective in order to provide input on product enhancements and new product development
- Skills in strategic thinking, product positioning
- Strong organizational skills - Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-moving environment
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Skills in financial and cost analysis
- Skills in logistics support to ensure adequate inventory of product
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team and matrix management structure
- Knowledge and utilization of computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and web-based applications is required
- Ability to travel 30-40%
Education & Experience
Master’s degree in Textile Engineering and 6 months of experience in the job offered or as a Textile Researcher/Research Assistant.
If interested, please send your resume and coverletter to firstname.lastname@example.org.